What else is there to do around Villa Roma?
Bethel Woods Center for Performing Arts
Features the country's top classical, rock, pop, jazz and country entertainers. The 7,500 sq.ft stage is almost twice the size of Radio City Music Hall. The venue holds 4,800 covered seats and up to 12,000 lawn seats.
The Museum at Bethel Woods
Located at the site of the 1969 Woodstock festival, tells the story of the Sixties and Woodstock in an immersive multimedia exhibit featuring the sights, sounds and culture of the decade.
Monticello Casino & Raceway
“A little Vegas in your backyard” with over 1500 video gaming machines, live entertainment, and harness racing.
Travel & Visitors Guide
Sullivan County Visitors Association, www.scva.net
Most comprehensive and complete travel guide of Sullivan County
Callicoon Online, www.visitcallicoon.com
Find out all the events, festivals, shops and restaurants this small town has to offer
Catskills Guide, www.catskillguide.com/guide.htm
Guide highlighting the hiking and history of the Catskills
Honesdale, PA, www.honesdaleonline.com
Busy little town with festivals, restaurants, and rich in history
About The Catskills Region, http://www.catskillcenter.org/index.php/-catskill-center-/our-programs/regional-planning
Detail maps and guides of the 700-acre Catskills Park
Sullivan County Park, www.catskillpark.com/catskills.html
Overview of the Catskills Forest Preserve and Catskill Park
A charming older village nestled in the Western part of the
Sullivan County Catskills.
The Sullivan County Catskills long known as a quiet & scenic resort location - is also a great place for fine world class antiquing. www.scva.net/scva/shopping/
Websites of Antique shops within 30 Minutes of Villa Roma
Ferndale Antiques Marketplace, Ferndale, NY www.ferndaleantiques.net/
Bridgewater Mercantile, Jeffersonville, NY www.bridgewatermercantile.com
Cutting Garden, Youngsville, NY www.thecuttinggarden.org
Global Home, Jeffersonville, NY www.globalhomeny.com
Artisans Gallery, Liberty, NY www.artisansgalleryantiques.com
Town & Country Antiques, Liberty, NY www.townandcountryantiques.org
Antique Palace Emporium, Liberty, NY www.antiquepalaceemporium.com/
Antique Center Of Callicoon and other callicoon Antique shops www.visitcallicoon.com/BUSINESS/antiques_art_galleries.html
Other Area Activities
Local Shops within 30 minutes of VR featuring New Merchandise and Antiques with websites.
- Farmers Markets, www.sullivancountyfarmersmarkets.org
- Callicoon Flea Market, www.callicoonfleamarket.com
- Rustic Cottage, www.therusticcottage.com
- Canal Towne Emporium, www.canaltowne.com
- For a Complete listing, www.scva.net
- Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, www.premiumoutlets.com
Unparallel collection of designer & name brand outlet stores
- Galleria at Crystal Run, www.galleriacrystalrun.com
Gigantic mall with over 140 retails stores, shops and restaurants
Delaware River Trips, Water Sports, Fishing & Hunting
- Lander’s River Trips, www.landersrivertrips.com
Provide guided canoe, kayaking, rafting, and bicycling trips along the Delaware River
- Delaware River Recreation, www.delawareriver.net
Everything you want to know about the Delaware River
Guided fishing trips from the novice to experienced
- Catskills Pheasantry& Sporting Clays, www.catskillpheasantry.com
Upland hunting preserve is comprised of 600-acres
- Catskills Fly Fishing Center & Museum, www.cffcm.org
Located on the Willowemoc Creek where American Fly fishing was born.
- Payne’s Watersports Family Fun Center, www.payneswatersports.net
Located on White Lake providing rentals of wave runners, pontoon boats, jet boats, lake rides, paddle boats, ocean kayaks, and water skiing.
- Holiday Mountain Fun Park, www.holidaymtn.com
Located 30 minutes from the Villa Roma
- Elk Mountain, www.elkskier.com
Located 90 minutes from the Villa Roma
Museums, Theaters and Tours
- The Museum at Bethel Woods, www.bethelwoodscenter.org
Exploring the unique experience of the 1969 Woodstock Festival and the legacies of the Sixties.
- Eagle Institute, www.eagleinstitute.org
Eagle watching in various locations around Sullivan County plus Eagle Fest Street Fair every January in Narrowsburg.
- Catskill Fly Fishing Center & Museum, www.cffcm.org
Museum and education center located on Willowemoc Creek, the birthplace of American fly fishing.
- Forestburg Playhouse, www.fbplayhouse.com
Brings professional theatre to the Catskills Mountains
- Fort Delaware Museum of Colonial History, www.co.sullivan.ny.us/?Tabld=3192
Step back to 18th Century life in a stockade fort.
- Harness Racing Museum &Hall of Fame, www.harnessmuseum.com
Preservation, history, and traditions of this American born sport
- Steamtown National Historical Site, www.nps.gov/stea/
Experience American railroading and steam locomotion
- Clyde Peeling Reptile Land, www.reptiland.com
Accredited zoo specializing in reptiles and amphibians Tours & Excursions
- Stourbridge Rail Excursions, www.waynecountycc.com/
Passenger train rides at the site of the Delaware& Hudson Canal Company
- West Point Tours, www.westpointtours.com
Guided tours of the United States Military Academy
- Brotherhood Winery, http://www.brotherhood-winery.com/
Tour the romantic underground cellars & taste a variety of award winning wines
- Rosehaven Alpacas, www.rosehavenalpacas.com
- Harvest Festival at Bethel Woods, www.bethelwoodscenter.org
Celebrating the bounty, beauty and talent of Sullivan County every Sunday from Labor Day thru Columbus Day.
- Apple Pond Farming Center,www.applepondfarm.com
Horse-powered organic farming center
- Farmers Markets in Sullivan County,www.sullivancountyfarmersmarkets.org/
Local Art Galleries
Local Art Galleries with websites within 30 minutes of Villa Roma
- Delaware Arts Center, www.artsalliancesite.org
- Catskills Art Society, www.catskillartsociety.org
- The River Gallery, www.rivergalleryny.com
- Red Eft Gallery, www.redeftgallery.com
- Catskills Artists Gallery, www.catskillartistsgallery.com
- Nicholas Katerina Gallery, Jeffersonville, NY
- For more art gallaries: www.scva.net/scva/attractions/art/
Pottery Shops within 30 Minutes of Villa Roma with websites.
- Duke Pottery, www.dukepottery.com
- Honey Hill Pottery, www.honeyhillpottery.com /
- Sunshine Pottery, www.sunshinecottageandpottery.com
- Earthgirl Pottery, www.earthgirlpottery.com
- Sullivan County Pottery Trail, www.seepotsspun.com